"A good experience at A&E"

About: Lincoln County Hospital / Accident and emergency

I was silly enough to stab myself in my side with a kitchen knife, how I did this I don't really know.

On arrival at the hospital I was made to feel welcome and cared for by the receptionist who was helpful and very polite. I was quickly assessed by a nurse who made me feel better by finding humour in the situation which helped settle my nerves.

I was then seen by a junior doctor and a consultant who were knowledgable and very professional, inside I was scared stiff but they made me feel charm and relaxed. In the end the stab wound was minor and I was quickly stitched together by a nurse who explained how I should care for the wound.

All in all I was treated very well and would only recommend the hospital to anyone. I have heard horror stories about A and E in the past but in my experience the service is the best possible. Thank you

Response from United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust

Dear Ady

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Our staff really appreciate receiving positive feedback from patients. I will make sure your comments are shared with the team.

Regards

Tracy Bell

Matron A&E

Response from United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust

Dear Ady

Thank you for the comments you have kindly posted. The staff will be pleased to read your kind words regarding the care you received.

Regards