"total Hip Replacement"

About: Alexandra Hospital / Trauma and orthopaedics

I feel compelled to write because we hear so many negative comments about the NHS these days, that I wanted to share my recent experience having had a total hip replacement six days ago.

I arrived at the Alexandra Hospital Redditch last Saturday at 7am. I was quite literally sick with anxiety... I have a fear of hospitals in general, I had heard terrible comments about 'The Alex' and I was very scared of the scheduled surgery.

From the moment I arrived to leaving on Wednesday the support, encouragement and care I received was second to none. Nothing was ever too much trouble for the nursing staff and the support staff were dedicated and good humoured throughout.

The theatre staff were patient, reassuring and did a fantastic job. If this had been a hotel I would be rating it as 5 Star plus.

Finally, I no longer fear any future trip to hospital and can never convey my thanks sincerely enough.

Response from Alexandra Hospital

Thank you for your kind comments; we're very pleased to hear about your positive experience and that the care you received was of the high standard we aim to deliver. We will share your message with the staff concerned, Regards.