"Care during cancer treatment"

About: Torbay Hospital

I was diagnosed with stage 3 cancer and with torbays fast recovery scheme - i was up and walking the following day after operation - the treatment was excellent - the after care was very good. My 6 months of chemo again was well cared for by the oncology team and the doctor. I had other problems after wards which were not connected with my cancer but they took extra precautions and plenty of scans / mri / ct's e.t.c. I was then under the surgery team and the Dr for the next 5 years and this year was given my 6 year all clear - the team was great all through and i have heard of other hospitals who dont operate the rapid recovery system and i realise how much easier it has been for me to recover with torbay

Response from Torbay Hospital

We are delighted to read your encouraging comments. Staff appreciate hearing about patients’ positive experiences and your feedback will be shared with those concerned. Kind regards South Devon Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust.

Response from PALS Dept, Torbay and South Devon NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for your kind comments. We are really pleased that the care and treatment you received reached the high standards we constantly strive to achieve.

Kind regards South Devon Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust.