"A&E"

About: North Devon District Hospital

I had a cystoscopy on the 13th May, lots of blood in my urine after the Op,My district nurse sent me to A&E,my pain was excruciating... BP200/110. when I got there, the swift attention by the nurse and doctors was beyond reproach, I can only praise them for there professional response to my Bladder spasm and Bladder tumour. 4hrs in A&E bed, then transferred to Lundy ward.

Dear patient.

Thank you for sharing your story with us. I am pleased to see you had such prompt treatment at what must have been a very worrying time for you, especially as you were in such pain.

I have shared your comments with the department manager and doctors, where they will be very much appreciated, and I hope you are now on the road to recovery.

Response from Peter Brain, Volunteer, Healthwatch Devon

Dear;Anonymous'

The comments and responses on the web-site of Patient Opinion are shared with us at Healthwatch.

Thank you for responding through Patient Opinion to what was such a painful episode.

More generally we are building a picture of the provision of services in Devon and these comments should help the NHS and other providers develop and improve their services.

If you wish to discuss any health or social care issues with us in confidence, including seeking advice or information about services, please call 0800 520 0640, or email info@healthwatchdevon.co.uk or go on-line to www.healthwatchdevon.co.uk.

Yours sincerely

Peter Brain

Volunteer

Healthwatch Devon is the consumer champion for Health and Social Care in Devon.