"Community Midwife Team (Home birth team)"

About: East Surrey Hospital / Maternity

I cannot thank the Community Midwife Team at East Surrey Hospital enough. My wife had the most amazing care from every single community midwife (including Kathryn- the student midwife).

They all made my wife's labour experience at home a calming and positive one.

All of the midwives were genuinely interested in my wife and our new arrival.

I cannot thank Alison, Rachel, Tracey, Barbara, Polly, (Deborah- I think was her name) & Kathryn Midwife student enough. You all deserve a massive pay rise for the jobs you do. Thank you again for all of your help and looking after my little family.

Response from Cathy White, Patient Experience Lead, Patient Experience Team, Surrey and Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust

Dear Steve/Alex

It is always good to hear of such a positive experience of home labour and the work our community midwife teams do to contribute to this. As a student midwife in particular feedback such as yours is confirmation that you are doing a good job. I will make sure that your thanks and praise are passed on to Kathryn and the other team members.

Congratulations to your both on your new baby.

With best wishes,

Cathy White

Patient Experience Team

Response from Lizzie Hamilton, Consultant Midwife & Supervisor of Midwives, Maternity, Surrey and Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust

Thank you so much for your kind words. I was able to feed back directly to Alison today and will ensure the other members of the team get to see your message.

Best wishes

Lizzie Hamilton

Consultant Midwife

Response from East Surrey Hospital

Dear Steve/Alex It is always good to hear of such a positive experience of home labour and the work our community midwife teams do to contribute to this. As a student midwife in particular feedback such as yours is confirmation that you are doing a good job. I will make sure that your thanks and praise are passed on to the team members. Congratulations to you both on your new baby. With best wishes, Cathy White Patient Experience Team Patient Experience Team