"I'm writing about three experiences ..."

About: Royal Free Hospital

I'm writing about three experiences at the Royal Free: Once to check my immune system (I had a serious case of pneumonia, and the infectious disease specialist in the United states (where I was sick) suggested that I had another series of tests once I was back in London(; Once to check to see if I had a deep vein thrombosis; and again for an arthroscopy.

On each occasion, the clinical staff were truly excellent. I work in health care, and I know what to look for, and I can tell you that I had seen some of the best, professional, courteous and efficient treatment at the Royal Free than I have seen anywhere. The immunologist happens to be one of the very best in the world, so when I was given a clean bill of health, I believed it. The arthroscopy was a textbook operation, with an anesthetist so skilled and careful that I came to without nausea or so much as a headache. And the nurses and support staff were caring and profesional. This is a hospital for which London should be proud, and I commend everyone I encountered.

Waiting areas a bit dingy, but I can understand that the hospital would put scare resources toward patient care, not in waiting areas.

Response from Royal Free Hospital

We're delighted you have had such good experiences at the Royal Free and have passed on your comments to the departments concerned.