"Nursing care"

About: Manchester Royal Infirmary

Nursing care non existent. I was left in blood soiled bedding for two days until my wife got someone to change my bedding. It was not changed or made for the rest of my stay. The cooked food is atrocious, thank God for relatives bringing food in.

Response from Central Manchester University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

We were very sorry to receive your comments and concerns via the Patient Opinion website about your experience as an in-patient at the Manchester Royal Infirmary. It is always our standard practice that bedding is changed for all our patients on a daily basis and as required if the bedding has become soiled. We must apologise if this was not your experience and that nursing staff had to be prompted to do so. In order to be able to raise this issue with the staff concerned, it would be useful to have more detailed information with regards to the location of your stay as we take all issues surrounding patient care very seriously and would very much like to hear from you directly about this. If you contact our Patient Advice and Liaison Service on 0161 276 8686 or by e-mailing pals@cmft.nhs.uk they will be happy to discuss this with you.

The Patient Experience Team