"I have been under the care of ..."

About: Royal Free Hospital

I have been under the care of various departments at the hospital, and most specifically the nephrology department in the last couple of years. I cannot speak highly enough of the care and attention, respect and skill shown by all the staff from consultant to persons making appointments. I am truly overwhelmed and grateful. My recent visit was to A&E as my condition deteriorated and I then spent two days on the high dependency renal ward and started (unexpectedly) dialysis. This also was a treatment that my wife especially was dreading and turned out to be something that I could take easily in my stride due to the care and skills of the dialysis nurses and the way in which everyone concerned politely and helpfully answered our questions. I felt totally calm and today feeling well and positive, even though this will now be a new and regular routine and I am 80 years old. I go ahead with this totally confident.

Truly, and not so important, the food! Even the kosher food that I had was not quite like my wife's cooking

I have received, and know that I will need to continue to receive, help from the hospital. This is the NHS at its excellence and I cannot praise The Royal Free and the staff with whom I have come into contact, highly enough.

Response from Royal Free Hospital

It's always delightful to receive comments like these. Thank you for taking the time and trouble to let us know about your treatment.