"Felt reassured at a stressful time"

About: Crosshouse Hospital / Paediatrics

(as a parent/guardian),

My 9 year old daughter callapsed at school, she had been quite well previously so was a complete shock. When the school phoned me at work I was in a complete panic, when I picked her up and took her to A&E I cannot fault any part of our care from when we arrived at Crosshouse and my daughter being triaged after a short wait being started on treatment to then being taken to assessment Ward then an overnight stay in Childrens Ward. All the staff kept me informed throughout and was made to fell reassured at a very stressful time.

Dear Hellsbells29,

Oh it is very scary, particularly in one so young. I am so glad she is getting the treatment she needs. I will pass this to the teams; it will be very welcome I am sure. Thank you for taking the time to give us such great feedback via Patient Opinion.

Best wishes,

Eunice

Update posted by Hellsbells29 (a parent/guardian)

I feel it is important to share when we have a good experience as all too often we only hear the negative I could not fault any aspect of my daughter's care and how we were treated Thanks to all

I so agree. I know I say it often on PO, but staff really do appreciate the feedback. I get emails from a lot of staff telling me how it has made their day.

Eunice

(p.s. yur user name made me smile. My gran used the phrase hells bells, you sent me back in time many, many years)