About: John Radcliffe Hospital

I waited for 2 and a half hours saw triage nurse then was told they would not help. I cannot hear I have not been able to hear for 4 days. I have used drops and nothing. I tried to find a walk in centre. It no joy. I am not as yet registered with a doctor. My last resort was A and E. Why have triage if you are not going to deal with blocked ears tell me at triage then I can leave instead I had to pay £4.50 for the privilege of using your car park. This is only the second time in my 49 years that I have used a hospital and I got no help. Apparently not being able to hear is not considered an emergency. Well you try it I have to work and talk on the phone I am so disappointed.

Response from John Radcliffe Hospital

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent experience at the A&E department at the John Radcliffe Hospital. We would like the opportunity to investigate the issues you have raised and provide you with a response. If you would like us to do this, please do not hesitate to contact Sue McNiven, on 01295 224001 or at sue.mcniven@ouh.nhs.uk who will be happy to discuss the complaint process with you.