"UTI and kidney infection"

About: Newton Abbot Hospital

After calling 111, I was seen by the Devon Doctors over the Bank Holiday at the Hospital. I was told there were 3 people in front of me and I was dealt with very quickly. Quickest service of the NHS I have received in years. The Doctor was very pleasant and very informative. Thank you all,involved.

Response from Peter Brain, Volunteer, Healthwatch Devon

Dear Susan Lawes

The comments and responses on the web-site of Patient Opinion are shared with us at Healthwatch.

Thank you for responding through Patient Opinion to what was clearly a good experience.

More generally we are building a picture of the provision of services in Devon and these comments should help the NHS and other providers develop and improve their services.

If you wish to discuss any health or social care issues with us in confidence, including seeking advice or information about services, please call 0800 520 0640, or email info@healthwatchdevon.co.uk or go on-line to www.healthwatchdevon.co.uk.

Yours sincerely

Peter Brain

Healthwatch Devon is the consumer champion for Health and Social Care in Devon.

Response from Newton Abbot Hospital

Dear Susan Lawes Thank you for your comments regarding the Devon Doctors Service, based at Newton Abbot Community Hospital. The staff always appreciate hearing about when things have gone well. As this is not a service provided by Torbay and Southern Devon Health and Care NHS Trust, I have forwarded your comments to The Devon Doctors for their information. I hope you are recovering well after your visit. Yours sincerely Emma Davies Feedback and Engagement Officer 01803 217397 feedback.t-sd@nhs.net FREEPOST (FB) RRLE-KHTU-ZGEU Torbay and Southern Devon Health and Care NHS Trust Nicholson Road Torquay TQ2 7TD