"I am writing on behalf of my mother ..."

About: The Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital (Stanmore)

I am writing on behalf of my mother 2009 patient and my brother 2008 patient. I cannot thank the medical team enough for their dedication and hard work, as my brother is alive today.

However, appts time are much too long why always a 2 hour wait. It feels as if the system does not appreciate my time as a carer, also the fact I have to take time off from work.

I am also aware of targets that certain professions have to meet, but targets are not realistic when there are not sufficient staff or times set aside for appointments.

Another point that I think is very crucial is that medical notes from one hopsital to another are passed on as this will give the medical team a feel of the patient they will see. I am also aware that consistence is important in who one sees i.e the same Dr so one does not have to keep repeating the same story over and over again.

I am aware that what the government and PCT rules, regulations etc are some times unrealistic

I will always maintain the management that were once practicing clinicians or business/economic graduates have lost touch with what goes on at the grass routes level. May they should once again get their hands dirty again. One is realistic there is not a bottom less pit of money but we are dealing with real people.

Response from The Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital (Stanmore)

Thank you for taking the time to submit your comments and for your positive feedback about the medical team. We strive to minimise the waiting time for patients arriving for appointments and are making plans to increase capacity in our outpatients' department.