"Attending ENT Outpatients"

About: St Lukes Hospital (Bradford)

I had waited quite a long time to get my appointment in ENT at BRI, but my experience with the Consultant was excellent. I was given an explanation and apology for the wait for an appointment and was treated with care and expertise. My symptoms were skillfully assessed and a clinical investigation undertaken with consideration to any discomfort I may have been experiencing. Both the consultant and their Nurse were caring and respectful. I was referred for blood tests which were completed straight away in a room adjacent to the consulting room - this was very convenient and avoided having to attend another department to have blood taken. I am a member of staff and have often read feedback from patients praising staff, from my personal experience of the ENT Outpatients service I have to commend the Consultant, Nurse and the rest of the team for the excellent care provided.

Response from St Lukes Hospital

This is exactly the service we aim to provide; despite the wait for the appointment you were given an explanation and apology. I will make sure that your comments are shared with the team involved and also shared as an example of best practice, thank you.