"Day Surgery"

About: Crosshouse Hospital / General Surgery

I had an appointment with a Gynaecologist on Wednesday who was extremely caring and courteous. She gave me a few options for treatment with the pros and cons for each option and I chose to come back the next day to undergo minor surgery.

I arrived the following morning to ward 6 and was treated witth utmost respect and care. Everyone was lovely.

I had blood taken - time was taken to make sure she could find the vein, resulting in an almost painless procedure. I was lucky in that my surgery was fitted in first thing but am sure I would have been very comfortable waiting in the ensuite single room I was allocated if I had to wait any length of time (of which I was advised could happen).

I was taken down to theatre by two very friendly members of staff who explained what would happen next. When I went in for my anaesthesia the staff couldn't have been nicer, the anaesthetist took his time to prepare the vein and again was an almost painless procedure.

In recovery I was looked after really well by a very kind nurse who wrapped me in a warm blanket.

On ward again the staff couldn't have been more caring and professional.

It was a very positive experience for me

Thank you Crosshouse Hospital, Ward 6 and Dr Franklin.

Dear 'The English Patient',

It is such a pleasure to hear you had such a good caring experience from start to finish. In the ‘olden days’, we would describe the concept as ‘total quality management’. A phrase that seems to have gone out of fashion, in today’s terms, I think we can claim this was truly ‘patient centered’ (of which we arpire for everyone). I will be delighted to pass this to each team involved, I am sure it will make their day, in the same way it made mine.

I hope you are fully recovered now,

Best wishes,