"Thank you for my care on ward 5"

About: Wrightington Hospital / Trauma and orthopaedics

I was cared for by extraordinary people. The ward is extremely busy with patients coming through after orthopaedic surgery and often following an epidural, which meant they were highly dependant on staff for everything! Yet they would leave the ward in 3-4 days cherished and confident.

In particular I would like to thank auxiliaries Dean and Trish who are always listening for you, treated every worry seriously, valued our dignity and were always, always compassionate.

Also nurse Helen who noticed my pain when I was trying not to bother anyone and who got me sorted in no time at all. Nurses Ash and Amy for their help and understanding.

The whole staff, including the catering and cleaning staff deserve a great big thank you!

Response from Susan Heighway, Patient Relations / PALS Manager , Patient Relations / PALS, Wrightington, Wigan and Leigh NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for taking the time to post your most positive comments following your stay on Ward 5 at Wrightington. It will be a pleasure to pass these on to the Head of Nursing and Matron for Specialist Services who will then share your posting with the staff on the ward. I will also pass this on to the Facilities Manager for the Trust to share with the catering and domestic staff on site. May I take this opportunity to pass on our best wishes for a continued recovery. Kind regards