"Laparoscopy"

About: Royal Preston Hospital

I had Laparoscopy this year. While the consultation and surgery went well, I was left in agony after, due to the fact that my body was rejecting the Mirena Coil just hours after the surgery. It was awfully painful when I was told to get up and walk, the worst pain I have ever experienced. I ended up being readmitted twice after. The first time I was readmitted I was treated with respect, the second time however I wasn't. I hope future patients are treated with more compassion. The Mirena Coil does not agree with everyone and when the body rejects it, it is pure agony.

Thank you for telling us of your experience. I was sorry to hear that you felt that you were not treated with dignity, respect and compassion as they are fundamental elements of the Trust's values. I have shared your comments with senior staff in the gynaecology department.

Response from Royal Preston Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to tell us of your experience. We were disappointed to hear that you were not always treated with the compassion and respect that we would expect all our patients to receive. Your comments have been forwarded to the senior nursing and medical staff in the gynaecology department to enable them to reflect on your feedback with staff in the department.