"Taking care of my mother in law"

About: Torbay Hospital

My mother in law was admitted to the Cheetham Hill Ward last Thursday. We all thought she'd be discharged soon. Unfortunately she passed away. She was treated with utmost respect, dignity and love. As soon as it was confirmed that she'd left us a lovely person ran downstairs and brought a flower from the meadow and placed it by the pillow. I was so touched, will never forget that gesture, for as long as a I live. On behalf of the Abson family I'd like to say a huge thank you to all those wonderful souls who took care of all of us. God bless your hearts. Long live the NHS!

Response from PALS Dept, Torbay and South Devon NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for taking the time to comment. It is always good to receive positive feedback; we will ensure we share your observation of good practice with those concerned.

Kind regards South Devon healthcare NHS Foundation Trust.

Response from Sam Holden, Patient Experience Lead, Patient Quality and Safety, South Devon and Torbay Clinical Commissioning Group

Dear Anonymous,

Firstly, please accept my condolences to you and your family.

I was moved to read that you had such a good experience and that small gestures made a big difference. So I wanted to write back and say thank you for taking the time to feedback.

I was pleased to read that your mother-in-laws passing was dignified and respectful and I hope that this made her passing slightly easier for you all. Your experience is a credit to the staff at Torbay Hospital and it is great to know at a time of sadness staff can make that time more bearable through simple actions.

I know that the team at the hospital will be grateful to receive your feedback.

Kind Regards