"Outpatient Physiotherapy Rubbish"

About: University College Hospital

After recently having a knee operation at the hospital, I received great care during the surgery but the post operation physiotherapyt has been a complete disaster. Rude staff, a different physio each time I came to the appointment. I requested a female physiotherapist on a senior level as I have several complex medical conditions including nerve pain on my right leg due to a car accient. They agreed and I was promised a female physio. When I arrived, no explanation I was seen by a male who then proceeded to massage my knee joint so badly i left in absolute more pain than when I arrived. My request was to see a female physiotherapist who was experienced enough to deal with my problems. This is a very inefficient and badly run department with no consistency at all and not only that it is insulting when you call up and the person actually refuses to speak to you. Unebelievable. I am cancelling this care.

Response from University College Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to feed back to us. We are very sorry to hear about your recent experience of Physiotherapy at UCLH. We would be grateful if you could contact our Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) via pals@uclh.nhs.uk or by calling 020 3447 3042 so that we can look into this.