"Re: the Ante Natal Clinic Although ..."

About: West Middlesex University Hospital

Re: the Ante Natal Clinic

Although they deal with pregnant women all the time, the staff still manage to make you feel special as an individual expecting a baby. This includes the receptionists and admin staff as well as the midwives and other clinicians. As a first time mother-to-be, I really appreciate this.

Having had certain indicators returned as 'high risk' I was grateful for the clear, calm advice given to me on the options available. My questions were answered and at no point was I made to feel stupid or hysterical, even though I was rather upset at the time of the conversation. I came away feeling reassured and with a full understanding of the choices.

All contact I have had with the ante natal clinic has been positive, enabling me to feel supported and enjoy my pregnancy. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them to anyone.

The waiting room can barely cope with the numbers who need to use it. Presumably a reflection of a busy, oversubscribed service rather than a deficiency in the department.

Response from West Middlesex University Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your experiences at our hospital. We are always keen to hear feedback from patients, to help us further improve our services. You comments have been forwarded to the relevant staff reponsible for this area.