"Helped me through a horrible procedure"

About: Manchester Royal Infirmary

Filled with nerves of my upcoming operation on my heart, I was very scared. As soon as I came onto the ward, the nurses made themselves known to me and I instantly felt more comfortable. During my electro-physiology study, even with sedation I was very anxious - perhaps even terrified. I asked the nurse if they could hold my hand, and they did without hesitation. The nurse talked me through the operation. The nurses really did make a difference for me. I will try very hard to get them the praise they deserve! They were cardiologist nurses.

Response from Central Manchester University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for taking the time to let us know through the Patient Opinion website of your experience whilst being cared for in our Cardiology Department at the end of May. It was very kind of you to write and compliment the staff as it is good to receive positive feedback which reflects their hard work and dedication of our staff. We are also grateful to you for being so kind as to mention that the nurses made you feel reassured about the procedure you would be going through, and that they treated you with compassion by holding your hand during the procedure. We can assure you that we have passed on your thoughts to the Cardiology Department Manager and to the staff involved.

The Patient Experience Team

Central Manchester University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Response from Manchester Royal Infirmary

Thank you for taking the time to let us know through the NHS Choices website of your experience whilst being cared for in our Cardiology Department at the end of May. It was very kind of you to write and compliment the staff as it is good to receive positive feedback which reflects their hard work and dedication of our staff. We are also grateful to you for being so kind as to mention that the nurses made you feel reassured about the procedure you would be going through, and that they treated you with compassion by holding your hand during the procedure. We can assure you that we have passed on your thoughts to the Cardiology Department Manager and to the staff involved. The Patient Experience Team Central Manchester University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust