"Appalling experience Overall"

About: Newham General Hospital

From start to finish, I was appalled by the professionalism and expertise of the staff here - as were all the patients on both the assessment ward and also Plashet Ward. Having been previously admitted to Beckton Ward, Plashet was initially an improvement. There are some really lovely nurses. The best being a hilarious nurse whom everyone loved and asked for regularly. They literally brightened everyone's day. I wish I could remember their name as they were an absolute star. The only other redeeming feature was a a doctor, again we all agreed that they were born to be a doctor and you could not have been treated by a more empathetic, kind, considerate young person who went above and beyond for all patients, explaining their conditions and the course of action and taking over where the other doctors failed in their descriptions and treatment. This doctor deserves a medal for their patience and all they do. After admission here, many aspects of my illness were missed and I requested am emergency surgery at another hospital - as did my new friend and ward mate! Unbelievable!

Response from Newham General Hospital

We are very sorry to hear of your experience during your stay on Beckton and Plashet Ward. Your feedback is extremely valuable to us and have sent them over to the ward managers to making improvements where needed.

If there is anything that you would like to discuss further please do contact our Patient, Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) on: 020 3594 2040 or by email: pals@bartshealth.nhs.uk

Barts Health NHS Trust