"I was very well looked after."

About: Cumberland Infirmary

I was diagnosed with thyroid cancer just at the start of this year. I had a large cyst drained and some tests done using needles and ultrasound which I found distressing, but was constantly reassured and the whole team there talked me through everything they were doing. Once the results came back and it proved to be cancer, I was passed over to the surgery team under my consultant, who is probably one of the nicest and most straight forward doctors I have met ( and that number is very high ). The consultant wasted no time at all, had me booked in for surgery in around a week and even moved things around so that I didn't miss my daughters 16th birthday. I was given all the information I needed, including names and phone numbers if I needed more. I was always under the impression that the whole team actually cared, from the consultant, and anesthetist ( thank you for putting me at ease before putting me to sleep ) to the nursing staff in recovery and on the ward. I need a little more help than most people, and the ward staff provided this while maintaining my dignity, and always had the time to stop and help me. After the surgery, I was checked, and checked again, and checked a few more times. I really cant thank everyone enough.

Response from Cumberland Infirmary

Thank for taking the time to let us know about your experience. It so pleaseing to hear praise for the staff withijn the hospital;. They work tremendously hard and I will ensure your comments are passed to them. I hopwe you continue to recover well and thank you once again. Helen North Cumbria University Hospitals Trust.