"Complications with surgery"

About: Glasgow Royal Infirmary / Trauma & orthopaedics

I went in for an operation on a pilonidal sinus bottom of my back. I had no wee tablet before my op I went down at 9 o clock in the morning woke up in a ward at at 3, 45 in the afternoon knowing that something had went wrong apparently the breathing tube fell out during op which led to one of my lungs starting to collapse why did this happen? I feel it was hushed up and the care at the time could of been better.

Dear duckducky,

I am concerned to hear about your experience and I think it is really important that we look into this in more detail for you. It is clear that you have some concerns around the care you received and I would like to be able to help address these concerns for you, as well as answer any questions which you feel are still unresolved. To help me do this, I would really appreciate if you could contact me directly to share some personal information. My email address is lorna.gray@ggc.scot.nhs.uk.

I have already shared your story with colleagues, and we hope to hear from you soon so that we can take this forward with you.

With best wishes,