"Looking after my mother in A & E"

About: Royal Preston Hospital

My mother has had a few visits to A and E but sadly on 29th April it was her last. She had a severe stroke and the ambulance brought her to Preston swiftly. She was treated with dignity ,respect and proper care. The senior consultant was up front about her condition and we as a family were involved in her care at all times. It was obvious she would not survive and she was given the best care for her last few hours in a side ward. The staff also looked after myself, partner and my sons at a very difficult time. I would like to thank them very much.

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback about your experience when your mum attended the Emergency Department in April. It is so heartening to hear of the high standard of care and support you received at what was a very difficult time for you and your family. Please be assured that your kind comments have beenshared with staff in the Emergency Department.

Response from Royal Preston Hospital

Thank you for providing your feedback. It was extremely heartening to hear of the high standard of care your mother was afforded and of the support that you, as a family, received at such a sad and difficult time. We have shared your lovely comments with staff in the Emergency Department.