"Emergency Visit to A & E 22 May 2015"

About: William Harvey Hospital

I was rushed to William Harvey A & E by my Fiance on Friday Morning 22nd May 2015, due to being in extreme pain and passing out. Once I was booked in I was only in the waiting room a matter of minutes before I was wheeled in to see somebody( due to being extremely uncomfortable and nauseous). When it became apparent that I was in so much pain and discomfort the staff all rallied around and looked after both me and my Fiance with great care. I was held in A & E all day whilst being given pain killers, fluids and then antibiotics. The doctor was really pleasant and the Nurses particularly so. They remained very calm when things got a bit worrying for us at times. I was put into a side ward and given much care and attention despite the A & E having queues of people waiting to be seen to. I was amazed at the professionalism at all times and couldn't believe how busy A & E was. It took me a while to recover but at all times I was monitored by both a male and female nurse. My experience of the NHS has always been good but this one really made me feel secure in the knowledge that if I or any of my family became ill I would be seen and treated. I was extremely scared when I first went in and was treated with the utmost respect and dignity throughout. I would like to say a big thank you to all of the staff in A & E that day and let you know that your hard work and professionalism is much appreciated.

Response from Sally Smith, Chief Nurse and Director Of Quality, East Kent Hospitals University NHS Foundation Trust

Dear Liz,

Thank you so much for your kind feedback. I am so pleased to hear you were treated so well. I do hope you are recovering well.

Sally

Response from William Harvey Hospital

It must have been very alarming for you and your Fiance when you were brought into A&E in such a hurry and with such distressing symptoms. I am glad that you had all the attention and treatment that you needed to aid your recovery. I was pleased to note that you were treated with the respect and dignity that we wish for all our patients. Thank you very much for your kind comments. I hope that you are now fit and well.