"The NHS is doomed."

About: William Harvey Hospital

Going by my experience of this 'hospital' I can safely say that the NHS is definitely failing, the sooner they privatise the better. When nursing staff constantly lie to you because they have yet again forgotten or cant be bothered to do the very basic healthcare required you know the sooner you get out of there the better, there was a time when you were actually looked after in a hospital, those times are just a distant memory. Too busy ticking boxes and trying to meet 'targets' to bother with patients. I watched as nurses would ask patients when their visitors were coming...if a visit was imminent they would be fed, bed, bandages changed etc.....if no visit then they were left alone......no amount of buzzing or calling out would help them. The place is a shambles, nice setting, shame about the staff. Totally lacking in any compassion, even the most basic human kindness and understanding is missing. Most of the time the staff all standing around chatting while buzzers are going off left right and centre, they just totally ignore them or claim to busy. Patients come first is obviously a mantra not taught any more. Sad.

Response from Sally Smith, Chief Nurse and Director Of Quality, East Kent Hospitals University NHS Foundation Trust

Dear Mr Connolly,

I am so sorry to read about your expereince with us. This is not the standard we expect from our staff. Please feel free to email me and I will look into your concerns. My email address is: sally.smith2@nhs.net. I do hope you are recovering well.

Sally

Response from William Harvey Hospital

I am saddened to hear of your experience. We need to investigate what happened, to apologise to you and to ensure that no one else experiences what you describe. Please contact the Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) on 01227 864314 or 01227 783145 or email ekh-tr.PALS@nhs.net so that we can take further details from you. Alternatively you can complete an online form by clicking on the complaints button on the website ekhuft.nhs.uk