"Bad planning"

About: Royal United Hospital

In July 2014 my eye specialist told me that I need to be seen again in "about four months". I eventually got an appointment in June 2015. Looks like somebody somewhere in admin/management made a decision affecting my health care that was contrary to my medical need and did not involve me. I wonder how many other out patients are treated so shabbily and whether this review will ever make it into the RUH members magazine?

Response from Royal United Hospital

We welcome your comments regarding your experience at the RUH as it helps us to identify problems and improve the quality of our service and care. We are very sorry to hear that you were unhappy with the service provided by the Ophthalmology department. In order for us to investigate your concerns fully we would ask that you provide more detail. Please would you contact our Patient Advice and Liaison Service on 01225 825656 or via email at ruh-tr.PatientAdviceandLiaisonService@nhs.net *It’s your hospital. Have your say. Become a member of the Royal United Hospitals Bath NHS Foundation Trust today: www.ruh.nhs.uk/membership*