"I have serious concerns about ..."

About: King's College Hospital (Denmark Hill)

I have serious concerns about hygiene in this hospital. I visit my partner on a daily basis and most evenings on leaving the hospital I see cockroaches on the Bessemer wing (next to the mortuary I think) opposite the ladies toilet. All visitor toilets are a disgrace: hygiene monitors often show that toilets are many hours over due a clean - we saw one at 9 hours overdue at the weekend. Even when they are cleaned this is not done properly - faeces on the rim of the toilet stay there for days on end. It is totally unacceptable and what makes this more distressing for me is that my seriously ill partner says the ward toilets are little better.

Response from King's College Hospital (Denmark Hill)

Thank you for taking the time to give us your comments. I am very sorry that you have concerns about the service you received from King's College Hospital and would like to apologise on behalf of the Trust. King's is always trying to improve the service it provides and your comments will help us to do this. As you are aware, your comments were passed onto our Patient Advice and Liaison Service and we do hope that they have been able to assist in resolving the issues that you raised. If we can be of any further help, please do not hesitate to contact us again.