"first experience at Moorfields"

About: Moorfields Eye Hospital (City Road)

I was told to go to Moorfields by a different hospital as they were full and only had one consultant on duty to see the caseloads which meant there was no room for any new patients although it was only 10.00am. My optician had diagnosed episcIeritis and considered it urgent I attended. My own doctor confirmed the need to go to Moorfields. I arrived at Moorfields feeling disenchanted and frustrated as my own hospital could not deal with me. It took me an hour to get there and I waited four hours until I saw the consultant who was brilliant. I have to say all the staff were helpful efficient and extremely competent. An emergency took place when oxygen was needed and this was dealt with speedily and calmly. I was truly impressed by all the staff throughout their long shift and it was a true eye opener (get it?) I would like to thank the consultant who reassured me, confirmed the diagnosis, supplied the necessary eye drops and allayed my fears.

Response from Moorfields Eye Hospital (City Road)

I'm glad you had a more positive experience with us and that we were able to treat your eye problem. I will pass your comments on to the A&E team.