"Too far for my mother to walk from disabled parking spaces"

About: William Harvey Hospital

My mother finds it difficult to walk but is able to drive. In the old car park she was able to park in the disabled bays and walk to the hospital entrance.

Now the disabled parking area has been moved it is too far for her to walk (if she can get a space!). It now means that when she has a hospital appointment someone now has to take her to the hospital, drop her off at the entrance then find somewhere to park and wait until she is ready to leave.

Response from Sally Smith, Chief Nurse and Director Of Quality, East Kent Hospitals University NHS Foundation Trust

I am so sorry to hear of the inconvenience our parking arrangements have caused you and your mother. I have forwarded your posting to our Estates and Facilities Team for their attention. Thank you for taking the time to write to us, and apologies again for the inconveninece caused.

Response from William Harvey Hospital

I am very sorry that your mother has had this problem - while the new bays may be convenient for those going to the A&E department I know that they are much further from the main entrance. This situation is currently under review.