"Maternity care"

About: Queen Elizabeth Hospital (Greater London)

I have heard some bad reviews about the maternity wards at QE and was a little apprehensive when the time came to have my baby. I had quiet a difficult labour and a long one too and due to a few complications I had to stay in for several days after birth. My care was provided by several members of staff and I cant thank them all enough. The staff, the surgeons, consultants and the staff in SCBU. I'm sorry if I have missed anyone but you were all fantastic. The ward was full and so busy but that did not affect the care and time given by the staff. People are too quick to jump on here and write bad reviews but the good experiences seem to be forgetting or never mentioned. The staff on maternity work very hard to meet the needs of their patients and i for one can not recommend them highly enough. What a fantastic team of people. My midwife had actually finished their shift but baby decided it was time to make an appearance so my midwife stayed several hours after their shift to help deliver. I was so pleased to have that continuation of care. Thank you to everyone involved.

Response from Queen Elizabeth Hospital

Due to a technical issue you may not have received a response to your posting. Thank you for your positive comments and taking the time to offer this feedback. Your comments are greatly appreciated and will be shared with all the midwifery teams.

Patient Experience Team