"kennington ward"

About: William Harvey Hospital

Stayed for a week in April for a TAH everyone from consultant through to domestic staff were professiona,l empathetic and very caring.The NHS at its best,however while I was there I needed a CT scan. Ihad to ask the staff to clean the scanner before I laid on it,this was 24hrs post surgery,they also asked me if there was any possibility that I could be pregnant, even though my surgery was for a total hysterectomy. If they had bothered to read my notes they needn't have asked and fortunately for them I was happy to have had this procedure.

Response from Sally Smith, Chief Nurse and Director Of Quality, East Kent Hospitals University NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you so much for taking the trouble to give us your feedback. I am so sorry about the confusion you experienced and also that the CT required cleaning. Thank you for your kind words abou the staff. May I wish you well and a speedy recovery.

Response from William Harvey Hospital

Thank you very much for your feedback. It would be very helpful if we could have more details so that we can inform the staff concerned so that they can learn from your comments. Please would you telephone the Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) on 01227 864314 or 01227 783145 or email them at ekh-tr.pals@nhs.net. Alternative you could complete a concern form via our website www.ekhuft.nhs.uk