"Exemplary dedicated bunch"

About: East Surrey Hospital / Accident and emergency

(as a parent/guardian),

My son came to a&e and was whisked straight to the child emergency ward. We came across Amy Simmons a very dedicated and caring nurse who put my son at ease explaining all the time what was going to happen. Jacob the doctor gave a lot of his time trying to put a cannula in.

We came up to outwood where the staff made him feel very at ease, always saying who they were and what was going to happen. They made him feel very comfortable.

I would like to say thankyou to sarah, Sue and carla who looked after him. An exemplary dedicated compassionate bunch of staff. Thank you East Surrey Hospital.

Response from Tasha Gardner, Communications Manager, Marketing and Communications, Surrey and Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust

Dear loopy34elephant

I hope your son is now on the mend.

best wishes

Tasha

Response from East Surrey Hospital

Dear loopy34elephant Many thanks for taking the time to post your feedback. It's always lovely to hear from happy patients and their families. I will make sure your kind words are passed on to our staff in the Emergency Department and on Outwood ward - I know they will be delighted to hear you describe them as 'dedicated and compassionate'. I hope your son is now on the mend. best wishes Tasha Communications Manager