"stitches in knee"

About: Exmouth Hospital

I would like to say a big thank you to the staff who were working this evening 18 May. My daughter had a bad cut to her knee when she fell over whilst running on gravel. The doctor was able to stitch it immediately once it had been assessed and cleaned, and they discussed the procedure with us. My daughter is extremely grateful for all your care, and we couldn't have wished for a better service. The NHS staff are wonderful.

Dear parent.

Thank you for posting your very kind comments regarding your daughters treatment.

I have shared your feedback with the Exmouth MIU where I know they will be warmly received.

Many thanks

Response from Peter Brain, Volunteer, Healthwatch Devon

Dear 'anonymous'

The comments and responses on the web-site of Patient Opinion are shared with us at Healthwatch.

This experience you describe was very positive after a disturbing incident. Thank you for posting your comment.

More generally we are building a picture of the provision of services in Devon and these comments should help the NHS and other providers develop and improve their services.

If you wish to discuss any health or social care issues with us in confidence, including seeking advice or information about services, please call 0800 520 0640, or email info@healthwatchdevon.co.uk or go on-line to www.healthwatchdevon.co.uk.

Yours sincerely

Peter Brain

Healthwatch Devon is the consumer champion for Health and Social Care in Devon.