"Intensive care for my husband"

About: East Surrey Hospital / Accident and emergency

My husband developed breathing difficulty in the early hours of the morning and I dialed NHS 111 who in turn summoned and ambulance. Oxygen was provided and he was conveyed to East Surrey Hospital where he was diagnosed with pneumonia with a deteriorating condition. He was admitted to the Intensive Care Unit and received close observation nursing for all the time that he was there. His health was restored to normal in a record 8 days - fantastic treatment from a first class National Health Service that is subjected to too much adverse, demoralising criticism.

Response from Tasha Gardner, Communications Manager, Marketing and Communications, Surrey and Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust

Dear Dunrunning

Best wishes to you both

Tasha

Response from East Surrey Hospital

Dear Dunrunning Many thanks for your feedback on your husband's care in our Intensive Care Unit and I am very pleased to hear he was back to normal after his 8 day stay. We have a great team in our ICU department and I know they will be delighted to read your comments about his care. Best wishes to you both Tasha Communications Manager