"British Red Cross Patient transport"

About: Ayrshire Central Hospital / General Surgery Scottish Ambulance Service / Patient Transport Service

My mother was taking into hospital at Ayr and after spending a few nights she was ready to come home but the big problem was getting her transport home as she needed a 2 crew ambulance and this was a difficult task. But thanks to a new patient transport service provided by the British red cross she was able to get home and it was great to see her getting such a professional service that will go the extra mile and really care about there service user I hope that the NHS keep this service going as it makes a huge difference to people in need.

Dear gray11,

I am so glad your Mum got home and with such caring.

You learn something new every day, I was not previously aware of this service. As I understand it now, both University Hospitals Ayr and Crosshouse have this service and it is part funded by both NHS Ayrshire and Arran and the local Authority. It is great to hear how helpful it has been to your Mum. Thank you so much for sharing this with us; I will pass this on to our managers and the Red Cross so they can see how much it was appreciated.

Best wishes,