"Surprised at staff behaviour"

About: NHS Forth Valley

Mum an inpatient in ward 3. Went to visit in the afternoon. Mum lying soiled in bed. Looked around ward for assistance heard loud voices and laughter at the end of corridor. Nurses and support workers looking through a black bag of handbags and tshirts. Unhappy this activity taking priority over basis nursing care. Telephoned ward serveral times to discuss with manager. Never available! Surprised staff think this behaviour acceptable on Nhs property!

Response from Pauline Marland, Person Centred Patient Experience Coordinator, Department of Nursing, NHS Forth Valley

Dear mw27

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. I am very sorry that this has been your experience and would like to reassure you that this is not the behaviour we expect from any of our staff here at NHS Forth Valley.

I would like to give you the reassurance also that I have shared your posting and spoken with the Manager of Ward 3 who is going to discuss this with the team and we will get back to you with further comment.

I would also be really grateful if you would consider contacting me as I would like to investigate your concerns further, my contact details are 01324 566523 or you can email me at p.marland@nhs.net. If you feel able to do this whilst still preferring to remain anonymous that would be possible.

Kindest regards