"Long wait for pointless procedure"

About: Royal Devon & Exeter Hospital (Wonford)

I visited Clinic 1 for a coil removal on 27th April, having been referred by my GP who had been unable to find the strings when I visited the GP on 6th March. My appointment was at 1600hrs. I was eventually seen at 1800hrs. The doctor performed precisely the same (5 minute) procedure as the GP had done, with precisely the same results (unable to retrieve), even though I had explained to the GP that the strings had been cut too short by the nurse on insertion 3 years earlier (their words at the time "oops! you might have a little trouble getting it out"... yep, thanks). The doctor then said I would be referred for removal by hysteroscopy (which I thought my GP was referring me for originally...). That was three weeks ago and I have not heard anything.

Response from Royal Devon & Exeter Hospital (Wonford)

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your experience. I am sorry to read of your dissatisfaction with the outcome of your appointment. I would be grateful if you could contact our Patient Advice and Liaison Service on (01392) 402093 with your details, so that we can look into your concerns.