"Ward exceptionally clean, catering ..."

About: Central Middlesex Hospital

Ward exceptionally clean, catering good, was made comfortable. I was very well informed and tests came back in reasonable time. Trolley service also good. Night staff excellent. Also more professional and better disciplined, most of the time. I felt at all times that staff were doing their best.

Noise levels! Many nurses had loud voices and I also objected to hearing discussions about other patients to other patients e.g. about how difficult they were. Discipline needed here. And staff desk not always manned. When someone needed a nurse I had to physically go and find one.

One patient ranted at the staff for 2 hours behaving unreasonably about discharge. I was shocked by his behaviour and would have liked to see someone in authority quell it at a much earlier stage. I had been ordered to rest and his behaviour was preventing this so I complained. More discipline needed here too.

Response from Central Middlesex Hospital

We would like to thank you for your feedback, which will be passed to the Matrons so that appropriate actions can be taken.