"Treatment"

About: Exmouth Hospital

I can't speak highly enough of the treatment I received when I had to deal with a biopsy of an intimate area. My doctor put me at my ease and I didn't dread the follow up appointment as much. The only problem I had was in your very pleasantly free car park when the spacing was so tight that I had to climb in over the back seat in order to get in my car. Slightly embarrassing, to any onlooker very amusing I think.

Dear Anne

Thank you for your feedback regarding your clinic appointment, I was pleased to see your doctor put you at ease and reassured throughout the biopsy, however I was sorry to learn you struggled to get into your car after the procedure.

I have passed your comments on to the hospital manager, for consideration when the next car park review is due.

Many thanks

Response from Peter Brain, Volunteer, Healthwatch Devon

Dear Anne

The comments and responses on the web-site of Patient Opinion are shared with us at Healthwatch.

This experience you describe was reassuring and it was good that you took the time to post your comment. There have been many comments as to the layout of the car-park at Exmouth Hospital and a re-painting of the spaces is overdue.

More generally we are building a picture of the provision of services in Devon and these comments should help the NHS and other providers develop and improve their services.

If you wish to discuss any health or social care issues with us in confidence, including seeking advice or information about services, please call 0800 520 0640, or email info@healthwatchdevon.co.uk or go on-line to www.healthwatchdevon.co.uk.

Yours sincerely

Peter Brain

Volunteer

Healthwatch Devon is the consumer champion for Health and Social Care in Devon.