"Care for my mother in her final days."

About: Torbay Hospital

After being taken ill very suddenly, Torbay hospital, first in the EAU and then Cheetham Hill ward cared for my mother with such care and dignity. She was looked after and treated by a wonderful team of doctors and nurses who were very supportive and explained what was happening to my mum as her condition rapidly deteriorated. They were sensitive and kind and I really appreciated them letting me stay with my mum for the two nights before her death. My mother died, very peacefully, on Wednesday April 1st and again the Doctor and other nursing staff were both sensitive and supportive. When I had to leave my mum I felt assured that she would continue to be well looked after I left and be treated with the care and dignity they had all shown her over the last few days of her life. Thank you all for the comfort your care brought me and my family at such a sad time.

Response from PALS Dept, Torbay and South Devon NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for taking the time to comment at what must be a distressing time.

Staff appreciate hearing about patients’ positive experiences and your feedback will be shared with those concerned.

Kind regards South Devon Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust.

Response from Torbay Hospital

Thank you for your kind comments at what must be a distressimg time for you and the family. We are really pleased that the care and treatment your mother received reached the high standards we constantly strive to achieve. kinds regards South Devon Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust.