"They helped me through very difficult times"

About: Orkney Alcohol Counselling and Advisory Service

I came to be using this service after I landed myself in a lot of bother with the law which came about through issues in my past going back to childhood. I never really thought much about the consequences until one day I was forced to face reality and I was suddenly in a very dark and lonely place in my life.

After having been to several different professionals who could do nothing for me I managed to get an appointment with OACAS and from there they helped me through very difficult times and helped me to make much needed changes in my life.

I am still using this service and whilst there is still ongoing issues in my life this has helped me learn how to deal with them and when I wondered if there could be a better future for me I am now certain there is and more than that I am determined to make it happen. I only wish I had used this service before it went too far for me, but better late than never.

Response from Simon Gordon, Orkney Alcohol and Counselling Service

We are glad you found your way to us, and gladder still that you found our work with you productive and helpful. However - most of the work will have been done by you. Well done, and keep it up!!