"the welland centre assesment ward"

In my opinion i had no choice but to be hospitalised due to my mental heatlh. Forst it was scary but the staff were comforting and helped me settle in by introducing me to people. After time i knew i could talk to them of there was anything wrong. But when it came to going out it was hard and not something i enjoyed. I was eventually told I'd have overnight leave which i wasn't ready for or didn't want, but i had to do it, despite this within an hour someone else had took my room wich confused me:/ i then went back to discover i was being discharged i was uspet, angry and unstable and was discharged despite what me and family had to say i then sonce have recieved no help from the organisation that put me in there, the crisis team. Now all i can rely on to get recovery is my medication and the GP's offering several services to me in order to help me get better. Overall not an experience that i feel supports people after being discharged.

Response from St Mary's Hospital

Afternoon. Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback. I’m pleased to hear that staff took the time to help you settle into the ward. I would like to talk to you about your other experiences around discharge and the aftercare. unfortunately I can’t look into these issues without knowing who you are. If you would like me to look into these matters further then please get in touch. My contact details are; 0800 917 8504 or by email pals@nhft.nhs.uk Kind regards James Allan PALS Manager.