"Ante-Natal Day Unit & Maternity"

About: Pontefract General Infirmary

Having switched from a Leeds hospital to Mid-Yorks to receive maternity care, I attended Pontefract Hospital for my 20 week scan. As I have high blood pressure, I had been visiting the ante-natal day unit in Leeds, however when they became aware, the staff at Pontefract were able to bring forward my booking appointment with the out of area midwife so I could be seen that day. This saved me from attending a later appointment and also meant I could start having future ante-natal day unit appointments at Pontefract. It's really good to see a team working together so efficiently, doing the best for their patients, in addition to saving resources. Each member of staff I have encountered have been professional, courteous and friendly and it's great to see a team working together, communicating effectively and working towards the best outcome. The service I have received has exceeded my expectations and the department are a credit to the NHS. Thank you.

Response from Pontefract General Infirmary

Thank you very much indeed for this feedback. We really appreciate your kind comments and are pleased that you have been happy with the care provided. Thank you for taking the time to post on the site.