About: Barnet Hospital

Split my head open and had blood everywhere!

Arrived and the reception staff just kept chatting and ignored me. So rude. After about 3 minutes yapping they asked me all my details and told me there was a 3 hour wait. I waited 5 hours with my head split open and blood everywhere. Disguisting.

Assessment nurse, after 4 hours waiting, asked me what the problem was. She did not even look at me she was so rude. I asked her what did she think and then she looked up and said oh yes a head would.

Waited another hour to see a Doctor, now 5 hours, who had a quick look and said I will get a nurse to clean it up. Eventually the same nurse I saw earlier came back and and spent about 3 minutes with a quick clean up and some steristrips. That was it. After she stuck the tape on she asked me if I was allergic to plaster and I said yes. She laughed and said but not today. Hopeless.

There was rubbish everywhere, very poor standards of hygiene and all in all the experience was worse than the head injury. Take the drive to Watford. Barnet is a danger zone.

Response from Barnet Hospital

As an organisation we are committed from learning from specific issues and from any mistakes we have made. Hearing about where we can do better helps us to pinpoint where exactly to make improvements to the service we provide. Your comments have been forwarded to the Matron for emergency services.