"RAH Orthopedics problems Cont."

About: Royal Alexandra Hospital / Trauma & orthopaedics

Having failed to meet the patient waiting time. Referred at the beginning of Feb- date for op in May the department feels it needs to add more insult in injury to my experience.

Attended a pre admission appointments after initial information, returned to waiting room to receive info about admission time, fasting etc in waiting are with 4 other people present.

I still have not had an appointment with the surgeon.

I don't know the % of success.

I have not signed the consent form.

I don't know when I will find this information out.

I am going to go away and cry.

I have not been treated with any respect of dignity, or even been provided with relevant information.

I think this is an utter disgrace

Dear Hazleh,

Thank you for updating me on your referral to surgery. Your last post advised that you had been referred to a consultant to see if you required surgery, therefore I am glad that this has moved forward and that your surgery has been scheduled for this month and that you have attended your pre-admission clinic.

I am sorry however that you felt that all of the information you required wasn't covered at this appointment, therefore I would encourage you to call the department with any questions that you have about your forthcoming surgery, and I am sure that they will be happy to help. The contact details should be on the appointment letters you have received, but if you require any assistance in finding the right details then please do not hesitate to contact me directly on lorna.gray@ggc.scot.nhs.uk and I will do my best to help.

Best Wishes,