"ED visit"

About: Royal Devon & Exeter Hospital (Wonford)

I was taken to the ED on the evening of Saturday 9th May by a friend after my back pain and sciatica symptoms significantly increased and numbness spread throughout the day. I was booked in by a friendly receptionist, and seen within 15 mins by an equally friendly and supportive triage nurse, who took my history and gave me pain relief without making me feel like a time waster, they then took me through to see a doctor. The staff grade doctor assessed me initially and referred my case to the orthopaedic registrar and their colleague who were both very pleasant and reassuring. They examined me again and arranged for an urgent MRI scan to ensure they could rule out nerve entrapment. Thankfully this wasn't the case so I was allowed home with new medication and advice. I felt reassured and involved in the care I was given. I was treated with kindness and respect, and they never made me feel like an inconvenience, even though the department was filling up fast. I cannot fault the care I was given on this visit, and would like the team to know how grateful I am for their kindness and professionalism. Thank you.

Response from Royal Devon & Exeter Hospital (Wonford)

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of your attendance to the Emergency Department at the Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital. I am delighted to hear that you are so happy with the care and treatment you received. I would like to thank you very much for your positive feedback. Kind comments such as yours are always gratefully received. I do hope you are making a good recovery.