"Doctor's kind approach made appointment less stressful"

About: Norfolk & Norwich University Hospital / Gynaecology

(as a parent/guardian),

ccompanied my daughter to an appointment at the NNUH breast clinic where we saw Dr Sally Butt. Couldn't have seen anybody more caring or understanding. It was not an easy appointment for my daughter as we were discussing a genetic condition called Cowden's syndrome. It has an 85% lifetime breast cancer risk for women, and increases a person's risk of developing other cancers too, such as thyroid, uterine, renal, colon and melanoma. Dr Butt's kind approach made the appointment so much less stressful.

My daughter's first experience with a doctor at this clinic was awful, and after leaving the room we just looked at each other in disbelief at how rude the doctor was - but Mr Hussien, who we saw last year, and Dr Butt are brilliant. They make you feel confident that you are being cared for by people who have your best interests at heart.

We are pleased to hear that you and your daughter had a good experience with the clinic on this occasion. Thank you for giving us your feedback.