"I was treated with the utmost kindness and dignity"

About: Royal Surrey County Hospital / Urology

I recently attended Royal Surrey County hospital for what should have been a routine CT scan. The scan result showed I had kidney and bladder stones.

I was admitted immediately and at midnight the same day underwent an operation to insert a stent. I am 78 years old and this was the first time I had received hospital treatment for nearly 50 years.

Having read various reports of being stuck on a trolley for 24 hours and not even been fed and watered I was very apprehensive. My fears were unfounded. I was in hospital for four days and was treated with the utmost kindness and dignity. The staff were most sympathetic and obliging and the food was good. I did not go hungry or thirsty.

I would liked to have stayed longer as I was very shaky when discharged but was very glad of a roll up when I left. I would not be perturbed at having to go back into this hospital. I have already written to the hospital to thank them for their care.

Response from Royal Surrey County Hospital NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. It is great to hear that you had such a positive experience and we put your mind at ease.