"Wonderful staff - caring, experienced and very..."

About: St Helier Hospital

I have just spent 5 days in the maternity unit - experiencing the maternity assessment unit, antenatal ward, delivery ward and postnatal ward. The staff were amazing throughout. Staff in the MAU were very empathetic when I was upset and worried. On both the antenatal and postnatal ward I was given all the care and attention I could have wanted. My delivery wasn't what I had planned because I had to be induced but the midwives supported me perfectly. Realising I was in my zone but giving me clear instructions when I needed it. Having a student midwife present added to my experience rather than taking away from it as they were extremely helpful and obviously pretty experienced. On the postnatal ward I was given a lot of support with breastfeeding and left the ward feeling so much happier and more confident that I could feed my baby this way. Two midwives were particularly helpful and gave me the practical and emotional support I needed. The infant feeding team gave me invaluable advice and practical support. Another midwife was also amazing during my stay. I was fortunate to have the same midwife in the run up to the birth and they made sure they visited me after the birth to check how I was doing. Thanks to everyone I encounted during my time at St Helier. I will definitely be back for number 2!

Response from St Helier Hospital

We’re so happy to hear that you’re already planning your second baby at our hospital! We wish you the best of luck with your new-born and will pass all of your feedback on to our women’s health team.